That’s fun fact #27 about me! I said to a friend recently, after spouting off some random quirk I possess. It got me thinking…
Here are the Top 10 Fun Facts about Serena (in no particular order):
1. My second toes are longer than my first. Everyone in my immediate family has this lovely trait, so I never thought much of it. I was at a wedding a few years ago when a man leaned over and whispered, “I didn’t know you were an alien” (referring to my exposed toes). No kidding. According to Wikipedia, only 10% of the population has this trait – and it has been associated with royalty in Egypt. I much prefer that to aliens. J
2. I can’t have carbonation. I have a sensitive colon (IBS) that can’t tolerate the bubbles. This accounts for my addiction to sweet tea (caffeine).
3. I prefer squares to circles. It’s true. Whether it’s diamonds or tail lights on a car, I consistently prefer squares. Period.
4. I hate lima beans. I’ve hated them since I was a little girl. Over Christmas I picked out the lima beans from the other vegetables on my plate, and my dad joked, “Serena, you forgot to eat your lima beans!” Yuck.
5. I can’t swim. I grew up in landlocked Indiana. I took a week of swimming lessons in 3rd grade, but it never stuck since I never swam. No practice makes me forget, apparently.
6. My bellybutton is pierced. This was a fun, rebellious act I did as a freshman in college, much to the chagrin of my parents. I still have it and think it’s cute, despite the fact that very few people have ever seen it.
7. I’ve met Peyton Manning. I got to celebrate a win with the Colts after a game in 2006 (the season they won the Superbowl). Peyton sat at the bar watching game highlights. Reggie Wayne played pool. Dallas Clark sang karaoke. Marvin Harrison sat alone in the corner (not surprisingly). I was perhaps most impressed with Adam Vinatieri, who was incredibly humble, even after kicking the game-winning field goal. I was surrounded by big men; I’ve never felt so small in my entire life. J
8. Salad is my favorite food. If you’ve gone to lunch with me, you probably know this. People give me a hard time because they often think I’m trying to be healthy. Nope…I just love salads!
9. I play the piano. I took 7 looooooong years of lessons growing up. I don’t play much anymore, but I used to enjoy it as an emotional outlet.
10. I have a phobia of funeral homes. They’re creepy, and I had a bad experience in one as a child. I avoid them at all costs. I hate them more than lima beans, and that’s saying something.
Did you know any/all of the above? Anything surprise you?